Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Albums of All Time (Part 5 of 5)


Here's a recap of everything up to this point::

#10. ...And Miles to Go Before We Sleep - Vertigo
#9. Nirvana - Nirvana
#8. By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
#7. Seasons - Sevendust
#6. This is the Warning - Dead Letter Circus
#5. Themata - Karnivool
#4. We Cracked the Sky - Sugar Glyder
#3. Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park
#2. Start Something - Lostprophets

#1. Make Yourself - Incubus
First off, I think it's kind of interesting that both of my favorite albums (Make Yourself and Start Something) have titles that are two-word, inspiring commands. But anyway, Incubus is by far my favorite band of all time, and in my mind, none of their albums exemplifies what they stand for more than Make Yourself. It was their breakout album, and for good reason. Hits like "Stellar," "Drive," "Pardon Me," and "I Miss You" drove this album to be one of the most successful albums at the close of the last millennium. I literally love every song. It just has to be heard in full to be truly appreciated. If you've never heard of this CD before, you absolutely must check it out. There's a song on there for lovers of all types of music.

"Drive" is without a doubt my favorite song of all time. It's probably mostly due to the nostalgia factor of it for me, but it's just like no matter how many times I listen to this song, it never gets old.

"Pardon Me" is another personal favorite. It's a lot more typical of the nu-metal tendencies of the time period.

"The Warmth" is a track that most people probably haven't heard of though, so I thought I'd mention it since it's one of my favorites, too. It's just a really good song to listen to when you need a lift or some reassurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment