Monday, February 20, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Albums of All Time (Part 2 of 5)

To recap up to this point, here's the results of part 1:

#10. ...And Miles to Go Before We Sleep - Vertigo
#9. Nirvana - Nirvana
#8. By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers

#7. Seasons - Sevendust
I first heard Sevendust's music while working after hours at an ice cream shop oddly enough. Some time passed before I actually got into their stuff, but eventually my uncle told me they were coming to town and that we needed to go see them. He was right. Sevendust is absolutely one of the best hard rock live acts out there. Seasons has more of a poppy edge to it than most of their other albums, and you gotta love the catchy hooks that each song on this album has. It's quite amazing.

#6. This is the Warning - Dead Letter Circus
I actually have YouTube to thank for finding out about these Aussie rockers (They came up in the related videos section when I was looking up a Karnivool music video). Once I heard "Big" I was completely blown away. The range of Kim Benzie's voice is astonishing and Luke Williams is one of my favorite drummers. They released 2 versions of this CD. The US release had several of their songs from earlier EPs that are a very welcome addition and some of my favorite tracks on the album, so make sure to pick that release up if you're thinking about buying the album. I'd also just like to add that these guys are some of the coolest musicians I've had the pleasure of meeting. I went to see them with some friends when they came over here on their first US tour with Animals as Leaders, and after their set they chilled at their merch table and talked with us for a good hour. Really awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment