Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Albums of All Time (Part 4 of 5)


Here's a recap of parts 1, 2, and 3:

#10. ...And Miles to Go Before We Sleep - Vertigo
#9. Nirvana - Nirvana
#8. By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
#7. Seasons - Sevendust
#6. This is the Warning - Dead Letter Circus
#5. Themata - Karnivool
#4. We Cracked the Sky - Sugar Glyder

#3. Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park
Linkin Park is just amazing. The fact that they were able to make themselves stand out among all the rest of that massive wave of nu-metal bands in the 90s is a respectable feat in itself, and even today they remain a powerhouse in the music industry. Hybrid Theory just kind of speaks for itself. It's angry, it's brash, and it's awesome.  Combining the hip-hop style of Mike Shinoda with Chester's aggressive vocals gives this band the ability to transcend genres and reach out to a really wide range of people. In addition to all this, the lyrical substance in the majority of their songs is compelling, with "A Place for My Head" being the track in my mind as I type this.

#2. Start Something - Lostprophets
I love every single one of Lostprophets' albums, but Start Something always has and always will blow my mind listening through it. I first heard "To Hell We Ride" on Need for Speed: Underground for the Gamecube way back in the day, so I have that game to thank for that at least. Lostprophets frontman Ian Watkins is an incredibly talented individual, yet he sings in a way that is still very accessible and easy to sing along to. This whole album is just genius and it's hard for me to pick a favorite track on it. "Last Train Home" is one that most people have heard of, but "I Don't Know," "We Still Kill the Old Way," and "Last Summer" are all incredible, too. If I absolutely had to pick a favorite from this album though, it'd have to be the title track, "Start Something."

No comments:

Post a Comment